Topband: Announcing 2009 CQWW 160 contest

Victor A. Kean, Jr. vkean at k1lt.com
Wed Oct 15 23:00:26 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 10:15:04 pm Andy Blank wrote:
> 2. The start and end times of the contests have been shifted two
> hours earlier in response to requests from the 160 contesting community.

The following comments are really only relevent to the Eastern US.

I'm going to miss those two hours (2200Z to 2400Z).  They were always
a fun in a "last chance" sort of way.  I always pick up a couple of new
multipliers in the last hour or two hours.  Also, this changes the
worthiness of operating in the daytime on Sunday, although there will
still probably be a burst of activity in the last hour or so.

Victor, K1LT