Topband: prop this morning

VE3MGY vy2mgy at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 31 08:10:51 EDT 2008

> Gary Nichols wrote:
>> Were my antennas broken this morning or did all signals seem the same
>> regardless of which antenna was connected to the receiver?  8 beverages
>> and
>> k9ay all sounded the same for nearly all signals on the band today.  Did
>> others experience the same thing?

Hi Gary 'et al'

I also saw [ and heard ] that here and have seen the same thing happen a
number of times over the years - sometimes just for a few minutes and
sometimes for an extended period during an opening. I agree with Paul that
most likely the arrival angle becomes very high and then there is no
appreciable F/S or F/B ratio hence the same, or nearly same, signal on all
beverages. I have 6 540' beverages and a few loops here for RX.

P.S. This morning when I worked YN2I he was the same strength on all
beverages for about 2 minutes then went back to 210 beverage [ SP bearing
from here is 194 ] and was NIL on the other beverages.

73
Brian
VE3MGY