Topband: Phased staggered beverages

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 1 14:33:11 EDT 2008

I am planning to add a second EU Beverage wire parallel and staggered
about 25 m behind my existing EU wire and use the phase box in the shack
for phasing the two together.

Since the phasing provides the F/B pattern, is it necessary to have the
Bev. wires terminated??  In other words, why not phase two
**bi-directional un-terminated** wires together and use the phase box
switch the pattern around.

I have modeled this with my MININEC program and it seems to look ok, but
I don't trust MININEC for beverage modeling.

Anyone done this??

de steve ve6wz.