Topband: 1.99?

Tree tree at kkn.net
Mon Apr 27 08:11:51 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:54:56AM -0400, W7lr at aol.com wrote:

> I know there are problems in doing such tests.  Tx antenna bandwidth,  band
> frequency assignments, 160 band usage at the high end, etc.  Most rx
> antennas probably work all over the band.  Does a 1.99 MHz qso count for  160,
> like we did with JA around 1.9 MHz before?

Sure a 1.99 MHz QSO would count for 160.  I have often wondered what the
propagation would be like up there.  I once did a quick QSY with some DX
station (I forget who it was) to try it - but more experimentation would
be needed.

I would be happy to retune my antenna for that frequency and run some tests.

Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net