Topband: VK3ZL news

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Aug 12 08:31:29 PDT 2009

I got an e-mail from VK3ZL with some pictures of his new topband amplifier.
You can find them here:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/vk3zl

Note that he won first place in the Home Brew advanced category with this.

>From Bob:

> I completed this GS-35B amplifier in April ....It is mono band bare
> bones 160 meters only....Runs about 1250 watts output with 70 watts
> drive....I am using an AL80B HT transformer and it is at it's limit at
> this power, half of what the tube will do...I won first prize again this
> year at the SERG convention in Mt Gambier VK5...9th year in a row...15
> entries this year....

You can find Bob around 1824.5 kHz most "mornings" up to about 1230 UTC
when he goes to bed.

The band was quiet last night - I could actually copy W1AW - but no sign of
the 7P here.

73 Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net