Topband: Boring Report - first taste of Europe this season

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Aug 25 08:41:48 PDT 2009

This is typically the week that the first west coast to European QSOs take
place in the new season.

On Sunday morning UTC, G4AMT was heard in Oregon and he heard my signal -
just not at the same time.  Monday - nothing heard.  However, last night,
we were able to exchange reports during a QSB peak where signals were 569
both ways.

This is the third year in a row that Terry was my first European QSO - with
the previous dates being August 23, 2007 and August 26, 2008.  Now that we
have August 25th checked off, we will go for August 24th next year.  :-)

SM7BIC should be on at his sunrise tomorrow.  IV3PRK has been around as well,
but I have not heard him yet.  S59A was heard on 80 meters two nights ago.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR