Topband: Noise

H R SMITH ron3cx3000a7 at q.com
Thu Dec 3 18:26:35 PST 2009

I,ve had noise at S9+20/30 and find it I did. The noise came from lights in the parking lot at Rosauers Supermarket. I found it using my MFJ-852 and a Grundig G6 SW receiver. I went to the store at night so they could see and hear the problem. The manager was not in so I talked with an assistant-manager. He didn't ask to see or hear the noise but took all my info and phone number and said he would send it up the chain. It took only two days and all the bad lights were fixed! Now I have an S3/4 on my receive antennas and am building an ultrasinic power line arc detector and maybe I'll find that too. Having a lot of fun on 160! Ron KB7ZR