Topband: 5/8 vertical

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 05:08:12 PST 2009

OK, I'll bite... Why would you put up a 5/8 wave vertical?  Have you modeled this dog?

Now, I suspect you are talking about an inverted L - as the 5/8 vertical is 340 feet...  This is an even bigger dog - unless you want the biggest signal for local rag chewing, where it is a killer antenna... It also will bask the nightcrawlers in welcome warmth all winter long..

OK, to answer the question, yes you would want the radials long enough to mask the radiated EMF from the ground directly underneath...

cheers
denny / k8do