Topband: inverted L pointers please

DAVID CUTHBERT telegrapher9 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 18:45:43 PST 2009

John,

the goal is to make an inverted-L that works as well as a quarter wavelength
vertical. Given a very good ground system a rather vertically short
inverted-L is nearly as efficient as the vertical. Given a poor ground
system a taller inverted-L will give better performance. Inverted-L
radiation resistance:

40' vertical and 95' horizontal, 12 ohms
50' vertical and 85' horizontal, 22 ohms
60' vertical and 75' horizontal, 29 ohms
70' vertical and 65' horizontal, 43 ohms

   Dave WX7G