Topband: Ft-1000mp vs Ft-950

Larry lrpmbt at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 04:16:39 PST 2009

I am looking to do an upgrade in rigs. I am currently using a TS-930s/at that is still going strong and hears well. I have had the loan of a FT-1000mp with the Inrad filters and really like the receive and receive  audio. It also hears better than my 930s. I also have on loan a K3, it hears great, but I don't care for the audio output. I am very interested in a Ft-950 as I can get one new for the same price as a FT-1000mp used.  Has anyone done a side by side receive comparison of the Ft-1000mp and the Ft-950??. Larry W8VVG