Topband: WAS on 160 meters in three (3) days

Milt, N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Mon Dec 14 07:49:42 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julius Fazekas" <phriendly1 at yahoo.com>
To: <topband at contesting.com>; "Thorvaldur Stefansson" <otradalur at gmail.com>

Wonder how many worked WAS during this year's ARRL160, and it would have
been a completely different game had it occurred this past weekend.

Julius,

My experience this year from DM52, extreme Southwest New Mexico, is as
follows:

#44 -- SC @ 0124

#45 -- VT @ 0222

#46 -- RI @ 0430

#47 -- LA @ 0442

#48 -- HI @ 0459

#49 -- DE @ 0644

#50 -- AK @ 0931

So, I was able to make WAS in 11 hours and 31 minutes.  Alaska was very late
this year.  I normally work AK and HI before I finish with one or two of the
eastern, lesser represented states.  This is not a record of elapsed time
for me, but was good under the conditions.

Milt, N5IA