Topband: Palstar AT-Auto 1500 on 160m

deuhs at earthlink.net deuhs at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 15 14:13:58 PST 2009

Greetings:

I recently purchased a Palstar AT-AUTO 1500W tuner and am having trouble tuning on 160 meters. In emails to the factory, they mentioned that 3 jumpers needed to be removed from the coil to tune the bottom 50 kHz of 160.

Anybody have this tuner and have done the modification? The factory instructions did not give details, but I have found the 3 jumpers. I'm hesitant to perform this surgery as it appears one of the limit switches needs modification.

So far, I have been happy with the tuner on 80/40 but I really needed it for 160 :)
Thanks in advance, sorry for the bandwidth if no one has run into this issue.

73,

Greg
K0PJ/7