Topband: 160 RX Loops

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at surfvi.com
Sun Dec 20 03:23:32 PST 2009

rick darwicki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With high local line noise, is a TUNED LOOP or non-resonant RX loop a better option?
>
> I've seen blogs that shielding a loop really doesn't do much.
>
> Comments?

For a quick easy low band low noise antenna I have found that a 20 meter
Delta Loop, corner fed, could hear well with with an in shack  pre-amp.
Also the circumference is about right 1005/f for 20 meters that if you
put a 950 ohm resistor in the other corner you end up with a very low
noise K6SE type pennant which give you some nulling in the direction of
the in line resistor.  I used to just an insulator at the opposite end
and use two jumpers with alligator clips so I could easily switch
between the Pennant and a 20 meter delta loop.

Try it?

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ