Topband: 160 Antenna struggles

jonathan white jonathan.white20 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 22 02:10:23 PST 2009

Rip.
This is what I use for 160 .
I have a eucalyptus tree,around 70` high and have got a wire to hold at
the 50` mark at the top of this are 2 wires  65`each leg giving 1`30`
total like a Marconi.
At the base of vertical wire is a similar 130` of wire around 5` off
ground .At the junction of of the vertical and bottom wire 450ohm ribbon
feeder goes of to a true balanced tuner.( the ends slope to 30`  apart)
This design was lifted from EI7BA`s web site and appears to be working
on both topband and 80/40 as a bonus.
I cant give you ENZEC figures as I don't  know  anyone that has,or can
show me the ropes on this software.
but give The EI7BA  site a look .
But one of the best things I have got is my low  noise RX preamp ,which
is part of a K9AY rx antenna.
And this was found on W7IUV`s site.
I am just staring out DX chasing on Topband,and with this setup can now
hear stateside,and deep into Russia.
Just think when I was 12, all I knew 160 was for local "rag chewing" and
it was useless after dark.HA HA!

                                                       73`s and Seasons
greetings
                                                               Jon  G8CCL