Topband: REVISIT Small Rx Loop

David J. Sourdis - HK1A hk1kxa at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 26 05:33:20 PST 2009

I built the RX loop for 160 described on The ARRL Antenna Book, p. 5-24, 20th edition.

The cap was adjusted for maximum RX level.

One fellow ham suggested inserting a second variable capacitor in the lead that goes from the feedline center conductor to the loop's inner conductor on either side of the 400pF variable.

This produced quite an improvement on the output of the loop and its pattern kept the nulls.

Pardon me the text "schematic", better to look in the ABook.

                                   400pF variable

Loop center cond------x------I I-----------------Loop center conductor
                           ___I___
                           ______    2nd variable cap.
                          To feedline ctr. cond

73

David
HK1A
EC5KXA
ex-HK1KXA

Windows Live:  Friends get your Flickr, Yelp, and Digg updates when they e-mail you.