Topband: FW5RE

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym at ippt.gov.pl
Sun Feb 8 02:29:11 EST 2009

Hello All,
I don't remember the last serious activity from Wallis and Futuna on 80/160m .(anyway it was
long time ago) and quite rarely we have DX expedition so dedicated to Low Bands as FW5RE.
Wallis and Futuna is 16000 km from Europe and the path is also very difficult about 27 deg.
The Hungarian team HA9RE,HA0NAR,HA9SDA is every morning and evening checking
propagation to difficult areas on 80 and 160m. They are using only 300-400W and condx
are not perfect but they are workable from Europe on both bands thanks to their knowledge
of  Low Bands propagation.They will be there more 9 days so I hope many will work them.
Also thanks to Steve HA0DU who is really excellent pilot of DXpedtion and is helping a lot...

                                73 GL
                              Rys SP5EWY