Topband: Beverage coax grounding

Ed Hughes kg4w at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 08:57:02 EST 2009

> Since putting up the full size 160 meter 4-square some years ago, I
> have been very disappointed with my three 2-way Beverages. They
> always fall short of what the 4-square can do on receiving. I plan to
> convert these Beverages to single wire one-way to see if this
> improves the receiving situation to the east, northeast, and northwest.

 73, Dave, W5UN

Dave, my guess is u won't make the beverages Rx as well as the
4 square. Back in the day (1980) I had the 4 sq on 75/80 mtrs & Rx
was its strong point. I had beverages too. I had friends with beverages
calling on 2mtrs saying "are u really hearing that station" ?
Only on 40 & 160 did the beverages do better hee-hee. I'd be
interested to know if you're able to get the bevs to equal the 4sq.

Ed
KG4W