Topband: Difficult rxing in contest environments in EU

LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad la5he at otterstad.dk
Tue Feb 10 09:55:32 EST 2009

* AND more often than not, there is plenty of clear frequencies higher in
the
band.  I remember K3ZO as somebody who always was always from the crowds
And was easy to work for that reason. I think his results over the years
speak for themselves.
> 73  Rag  LA5HE

Rag,

In the UK on topband we are limited to 32W PEP (15dbW) above 1850 KHz and
400W PEP (26dbW) below 1850 KHz.  So we tend not to wander too high.  Things
can get interesting in the common CW/SSB band of 1840 to 1850, but topband
being the 'Gentleman's band' we get through it. I'm not sure if it's just
the UK in our region that has these power restrictions.

Mike
G3WPH
*
* WE have them too, but have permission to deviate up to 1 KW during major
contests.
* 73  Rag  LA5HE
* .