Topband: QSB surfing

Dan Zimmerman N3OX n3ox at n3ox.net
Thu Feb 12 13:00:47 EST 2009

>   Maybe send KV KV KV4 KV4 but at times it doesn't make a dent in
> changing the stations perception that he has
>  the call correctly.

I had this problem with TX5C who thought I was N3MX and never pulled me
out.  Granted, I'm sure I was hopelessly weak out there, and that's my
fault, but we went back and forth six or seven times I think and I never got
through.

I sort of started wondering why the op on the other end didn't guess some
other  letters.

I even checked my transmit QRG for N3MX, just in case ;-)

But that was a really marginal signal condition; it was my fault for being
weak.  I wasn't competing against anyone at all that I could hear, and if I
just had 7 or 10dB more I would have been in the log.

I know how you feel though, back when I was N3UMH, I logged a lot of DX for
N3UMS on the higher bands even when signal levels were good...

73
Dan