Topband: QSB surfing

Petr Ourednik indians at xsmail.com
Fri Feb 13 04:12:58 EST 2009

> That's gotta be inexperienced ops at  160 Herb; Everyone knows your FB
> call
> !

I agree with Dave! I remember when I listened for few hours one of
contest station in
CQ WW 160m which i never heard during the year on TB outside the contest
where the op.
for long minutes repeated ??1ZZ after that in another QSO ??8MF?> and
few minutes after
when he was called by Ron, PY1BVY this op. finished this QSO with
confirmation for callsign
PY0BVY without any ground for suspicion. In that case the excellent
set-up available is
definitelly not enough...

Unfortunatelly I have to say that I agree also with preview comment from
Jarda, OK1RD.
The trend is to go to purchase 3kW, put up LW with FT101ZD (sorry to
owners) then click on
DX-Cluster then calling and calling and new Topbander is alive...uff,
NO!

I guess that all of these parts makes finally the problems during the
operation on TB
as described for example by Herb. I am active on TB since 1987 when I
started as OL1BVR
with 10W out into sloped wire. I reached 75 DXCC during 1 year so
nothing special.
I am on TB every night (believe me every night even for awhile) and
although I am still
feeling as beginner. I am not making so mni QSOs as I have not good ants
in fixed QTH but
I am listening on TB and getting still new experiences, tips, tricks and
knowledges about
operation, operators, conditions etc.

According to that I knew DL1RK, DJ8WL, HB9AMO, VK6HD, PY1RO, 9L1US,
KM1H, ON4UN etc. and
I had no pb to recognize them in the crowded band years ago. I guess
that nobody from real
Topbanders will ask more to complete calls like W4ZV, KV4FZ, W8LRL,
K1ZM, W3BGN or SM5EDX
, OH1XX etc.

What we can do to "reverse the course of events" on TB?

73 - Petr, OK1RP
--
"See You on the wireless"(G3ZWH)
--