Topband: QSL AND BROADBAND

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Sat Feb 28 16:05:39 PST 2009

W2PM replies
> You can email your files to LOTW without any highspeed or BB
> connection.  And as Jim says
> in his message some LOTW logging programs do a simple upload and
> download interface for you
> which also doesn't require BB. You see the result on your logger
> program instead of the online
> LOTW site.  If you only have dial-up Im not sure how that would work
> with the loggers but emailing
> the files of course does.  Not sure if they can email you back a file
> of confirmed contacts however
> but they do email back a status of that last upload you sent.

If your on dial up it makes no difference if you upload the files or
email them
they are still the same size and it takes the same amount of time.

I am on 28.8 dial up yet here, nothing else available but satellite for
85 and up a
month,  but I dont have any problem uploading files to LOTW,  you just
have to
do it regular and keep the files smaller.   To start LOTW I broke up the
log
into sections to keep the size down and loaded them when I had the best
connection.   Can be done with no problems.
Merv KH7C