Topband: 160 to NA

Sam Morgan ka5oai at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 14:29:26 EST 2009

LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad wrote:
> I slept late this morning so worked just a few stns.
>
> Cannot help thinking, that if more stations would listen more carefully
> instead of CQ-ing endlessly, there would be more DX-qsos !

I understand your feelings Rag,
however, I was also search and pouncing up and down the band this morning,
and even though I had to sometimes give my call a number of times before I was
heard, I was able to break through a number (25Q's in 2 hours) of those
seemingly endless cq's,

with my 13 foot tall, mighty mini, vertical and power house *65mw* of ERP !!!

I did sometimes have to shift my signals slightly up or down from the cqing
stations transmitting frequency. My thoughts were that by doing that, it perhaps
placed me within their extremely narrow filters and so I was able to get their
attention.

ymmv (your milage may vary) hi hi

--
GB & 73