Topband: Re; no one can hear me

Jim Miller WB5OXQ in Waco wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Sun Jan 25 17:49:37 EST 2009

Last night I got on 1889 and worked 2 Texas stations who reported I am getting out just fine on the band.  Both reported hearing my over S9.  They also helped me with a mic connector problem and a TX equalization which improved my audio a lot.  Thanks to them I know I
CAN work 160 at least stateside.  That may be all I ever really need.  I still  plan to try the linear loaded dipole when weather lets me work outside.  Thanks to all for advice,  Jim in Waco, WB5OXQ