Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 73, Issue 37

Jeffrey Demers jdemers at Wakefly.com
Mon Jan 26 11:30:04 EST 2009

F8BPN -

I wish I could have given you #189 from VP9.  I simply couldn't hold a
freq below 1880 or so with my 100watts (max power allowed in Bermuda) -
every time I tried, an alligator would CQ in my face, usually on my
exact frequency.   In S & P mode, I worked only 15 Europeans below 1850
despite hours of trying.  I simply couldn't be heard despite by
Europeans despite many many calls - very strange when they are S9++ and
considering north of 1850, I was being heard a little better and I
worked around 250 Europeans who had privileges in this part of the band.

This was my debut on top band -and I tried my best.

73 jeff vp9/n1snb