Topband: Antenna Question

Arthur Delibert radio75a3 at msn.com
Sat Jul 4 11:58:23 PDT 2009

Not sure how tall the tree is or how high the house, but you may want to check out the half-square antenna (also known as an inverted U) on 10, 15, or 20.  It gives a few db of gain and puts out a very low-angle signal.  Lew McCoy said the two he tested seemed to do as well as a three-element beam.  I've logged over 50 countries SSB using 20 watts or less, and about 175 countries using 200W or less.

Art Delibert
KB3FJO