Topband: "T" Antenna VS 30m high vertical

GEORGE WALLNER gwallner at the-beach.net
Sat Jul 25 17:10:14 PDT 2009

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:38:48 +0200
  "ik0yvv\@libero\.it" <ik0yvv at libero.it> wrote:
> Now i'm using an 18m vertical with 2 slope wires (each
>10m long and with an angle of about 45° ...i tune this
>antenna on 160 with a coil (about 21uH 20cmx20cm) and on
>80m with a vacuum capacitor ....
> I was thinking to take down this antenna and putting a
>30m high vertical without the 2 capacitive wires ....
>those 2 wires gave me in the past several meccanical
>problems ... eznec it seems that the antenna i'm
>using now has a better efficency

Marco,

I was facing the same problem: had to get rid of my top
wires for mechanical reasons. First I tried a 31 meter
tall vertical fed via a 20 uH inductor. It worked but not
as well as what I had before. Then I moved the inductor up
to the 13 m point (about 40 uH) and since then I feel (and
EZNEC indicates) that I have a better antenna. I believe
that the numerous EU QRP QSO-s confirm that belief.

GL,

George
AA7JV