Topband: Beverage Feed Line Choke Installation

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 1 03:34:40 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 31 May 2009 22:33:38 -0400, Bill Tippett wrote:
>
> > Either type will work, but the DXE style choke can be made
> >using mix 73 binocular cores costing $0.429 each, instead of $15 each:
>
> Ground rods are now $21 at my local hardware store, and depending on
> where you live, getting another one into the ground can be a challenge.

I use 1/2" copper pipe 2.5'-3' long which easily drives into my ground with
an end cap on the top.  One 10' pipe costing $6 will make 3-4 ground rods.
I even reuse temporary Beverage ground rods put in agricultural fields by
pulling them up with a vise grip each Spring, but of course it depends on
what type of soil you have.

73,  Bill  W4ZV