Topband: New to 160m!

Tammie M3ENF tammie_m3enf at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jun 3 00:46:59 PDT 2009

Hi all, I have been only been part of your fantastic group for a few
days now but feel I am learning quite a lot so far!  I am very new to
TopBand - yet to make a QSO.  I have just put up an end-fed wire about
40m long which also has an 80m trap in the centre and it has very
good/near perfect SWR on 160m, 80m and even 40m!  I am ashamed to say I
am not on CW (one of those things I will learn one day...) so only able
to use SSB/phone section of the band.  Being over in England, UK what
sort of times should I be listening for people?  I have scanned around a
bit but just hit a solid wall of noise, which I'm told is what to expect!

73 Tammie M3ENF
Eastbourne, England