Topband: Boring Report - 2 March

Lennart M lennart.michaelsson at telia.com
Mon Mar 2 13:46:46 PST 2009

N6TR said:
> However, last night - the band was open for an hour or two with some
> pretty
> strong signals.  Furthurmore - it seemed that many parts of Europe were
> coming through - and mostly over the pole as well (which indicates this
> opening probably didn't make it down to the SouthWest).
>
> Managed to work several new stations - which is always fun.  My QSO with
> SP1S
> was confirmmed via LOTW less than one hour after it took place.
>
> Countries worked included SM (one on SSB!), OH, YL, SP, DL, I, UR, OK, PA
> and
> CT3.
>
> Hopefully we will get to enjoy some more good openings like this during
> the
> next month.
>
> Some stations from the USA managed to work SV9.  No copy here however.

and from here we had a good opening over the pole to northern part of NA
west coast with W7DR, CA very strong and stable. Heard Tree for several
hours with slow QSB (and QSO).
W5UN, Dave who normally is very loud had a modest signal, slightly weaker
than a ZS1.
I trust the coming weeks will bring good propagation.
73 and please stay awake, thank you guys.
Len SM7BIC