Topband: Deep earth rod vs radials

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Mar 16 07:59:37 PDT 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:28:27 -0700, Robin wrote:

>Do you know of any DATA about radials or meaningful ground return systems
>using salt water ABOVE the metallic conductor?

No, I don't. Since I've never been in the position of setting up a station
where I could take advantage of sea water, I haven't looked for science on
the topic. So please don't take my comment that sea water is another story
as definitive. I suspect, however, some pretty sharp guys who have done a
fair amount of planning for DXpeditions on island beaches have probably
looked into that, and may have published some of their work.

73,

Jim K9YC