Topband: Gas well pump motor

Art k6xt at arrl.net
Fri May 1 19:49:11 PDT 2009

Recently this reflector discussed noisy pumps and their cures. Last
winter the gas wells on my place were converted to electric motors. Good
to say bye bye to the spark plug, bad to say hello to electric motor
hash on the Beverage. Now that snow is gone and my springtime ranch
duties are more or less winding down I went to the well site with a 706
and very short antenna that I could convert from E to B field quickly.
Yikes! The B field is horrendous. I don't yet know the motor brand..From
what I can see all the wiring is in underground conduit except for the
HV to LV transformer and breaker. The motor is not enclosed other than
its case. For now I assume no steps like filtering have been applied.

In general what is available to the gas company to fix this?

Thanks 73
Art