Topband: Beacon report

w8uvz w8uvz at voyager.net
Wed May 6 07:18:00 PDT 2009

Like many other reporters, my rx results of the two beacon freqs are
inconclusive.  For example, at 1000Z today the higher freq tx seemed a
little stronger.  That time was 30 min before my SR.

On the other hand, at my 1030Z SR, lower freq tx seemed stronger.

Neither are strong enough to be clearly out of the noise so reporting is a
subjective thing.

One of the problems is the amount of QSB on the signal.  It changes rapidly
at times.  So by the time the beacon has shifted freq, propagation condx are
different.

Wonder is it possible to tx on both freq simultaneously?

73  George  W8UVZ