Topband: Propagation tests and Remote "S meter" for Top Band transmissions

mac at py2cw.net mac at py2cw.net
Wed May 6 13:24:37 PDT 2009

You will be able to "see" yours Signals here at 22° 48' South 47° 2' West, Grid Square GG67le (South America)

The setup will listen scheduled (*) QRG´s starting May 16, 00:00 UTC and required info will be available at www.py2cw.net  .

Some additional info will be available also http://www.qrz.com/py2cw

In few days i will post the schedule of operation of the automatic remote "S meter" for top band transmissions.

I could also turn on the setup at non scheduled QTR, under request, always when possible.

You could transmit CW dashes under variable power levels and would see the computer processed image of received audio in your computer screen. You could compare TX antennas, etc.

Under request to mac at py2cw.net i could relay your audio to a website (windows media player compatible). With the DSP software to be used, the useful information is in the computer screen and normally we just hear band noise in the receiver.

Our objectives are monitor propagation trying to correlate it with several factors and also show your DX signal strenght.

(*) I would like to receive suggestions on the QRG(s) to be used.