Topband: K7RAT/B in QRN

VE3MGY vy2mgy at sympatico.ca
Wed May 13 03:51:03 PDT 2009

Missed two mornings due to being away but was able to be in the shack this
morning and I had S7 - S9 QRN on the vertical. For the first time ever I was
actually glad to have it for RX comparisons!

>From 0930 till SR ( 0955z ) 9.6 was just the slimmest of margins louder ( 1
db? ) than 0.6 and there were times when both signals were equal but at no
time did 0.6 outshine 9.6.

>From SR till LOS at 1025z ( SR +30 ) the background noise dropped to S0 - S1
and 9.6 still was louder by a noticeable margin ( again estimated at 1 - 2
db ) unlike the other morning however I never completely lost 0.6 and both
signals were LOS at the same time.

73
Brian
VE3MGY