Topband: 160 Harmonic?

Lennart M lennart.michaelsson at telia.com
Mon May 18 01:39:52 PDT 2009

Those are the reports we have got so far. Would be nice to have some reports
from EI, EA and F before we can ask the authorities to spend some time on
this issue.

Clive, GM3POI reports:
 At 1300z here I just detect it 339, Due South from IO88. At the same time
 nothing on 915khz and 610khz, So it would appear to be radiating in band.
 Now at 2245z it is S8. 73 Clive GM3POI

Mark, ON4WW:
>From my qth (Gent): north west heading (on a K9AY array), which indicates
the signal probably originates from the UK.

Luis,IV3PRK:
Also for me it's coming from Nort West and it is much stronger than the well
known 2nd harmonic of Radio Ljubljana on 1836 (100 km. east of my QTH).

Alan, G4ERZ:
It is coming either from due west or east.

The carrier on 1830 kHz is just above S9 at my location during the dark
hours.
Just like GM3POI reports, there is nothing on 915 or 610 kHz. Could be a
mixing product or a genuine 1,8 MHz signal.

Please a few more reports, thank you and 73
Len
SM7BIC