Topband: down hill slope for a beverage

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro.tcg at gmail.com
Sat May 23 06:09:02 PDT 2009

Two of my Beverages are over sloping ground. One is 550' long and
bi-directional NE/SW, with an elevation change of about 100'. It seems
to work equally well in either direction. The other is unidirectional
about 300' long pointed NNE, and has an almost 200 foot change in
elevation, pointing UP in the desired direction. I think the highly
sloped one has a higher angle, as I can copy the W9's and VE3's quite
well on this antenna. It's not as good for long-haul, although that
may be because it also points deeper into  the auroral oval.

73  -Kirk  K4RO