Topband: [Dx-qsl] Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Mon May 25 18:19:57 PDT 2009

Craig D. Smith wrote:
> OK, my curiosity has gotten the better of me.  What is the reason that the
> ARRL subjects the 160 meter cards to a different level of scrutiny??
>
>               ...   Craig   AC0DS

Too many people moving the decimal point on 18.0 MHZ cards,  too many
people sending blank cards around for others to fill in for needed bands,
to many claiming qsos for 2 and 3 hours after or before sunset/sunrise.
lots
of reasons and appears they dont trust field checkers to know when the
band is open in different time zones.
I get queries from WAZ from time to time to confirm stations in my log for
160 contacts,  so its not just ARRL who does not trust cards..
Seems some time back there was a rash of fake or altered cards sent in for
160 DXCC.
73 Merv KH7C