Topband: [Dx-qsl] Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs

Raoul Coetzee raoulc at smmcape.co.za
Tue May 26 09:50:09 PDT 2009

Merv replied :

Hi Merv,
If I remember correctly, in the late 70s or early 80s there was a Amateur in

the #1 spot
on the 160 meter DXCC. None of the regular 160 operaters had ever heard him
on the band.
Perhaps Bill W4ZV or Jon AA1K might know a bit more about this.
Sad what some people will do.
73 to You and Mary..............Price

I am very happy that the ARRL  check and cross check cards/qsos for 160m, as
160m is special, and it should be special and darn, most of us spend night
after night getting our ears smashed, spending many hours improving whatever
we can, and some fool without "160m emotion" get a Q on the web, not for me.
ARRL, keep up the 160m checking!
73 Raoul, ZS1REC

Internal Virus Database is out of date.