Topband: Boring Report - November 1st

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sun Nov 1 06:59:20 PST 2009

Last night - the band was not very good to Europe, but did manage to work
RA4LW at 0332Z.  Heard SM5EDX, but not very well.

Woke up early and found R1FJM who I worked at 1315Z.  It appears he was on
the band for many hours this morning.  Then, at 1332Z, I worked RA4LW again.
A number of UA4 stations made it into the log and I think the opening peaked
around 1400Z.  By 1430Z, it felt like things were on their way down and while
I could hear RA4LW at my sunrise at 1450Z, he was much weaker than he was
earlier.

This is typical for the morning openings I have experienced, where the peak
seems to be about an hour before sunrise.

Very surprised to work Europe in the AM so early in the season.

You can hear Vlad's CQs just before my sunrise here.  These were weaker than
he was at the peak:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/RA4LW_1NOV2009_1437UTC.mp3

73 Tree N6TR/7
Boring, OR