Topband: Let's talk more about topband

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Nov 4 16:42:38 PST 2009

Guys - it has been interesting seeing some of the threads going on, but I
have some people questioning if this is what the list is for.

I think it is probably best not to spend too much time talking about
subjects that aren't specific to topband.  The amount of messages talking
about general DX operating or contest operating probably belong on some
other channel that isn't trying to be focused on topband.

I would rather not run this list in a tightly controlled manner and would
rather see the group decide what is an appropriate subject.  If this isn't
possible, then we can go back to moderated mode - which really will slow
things down and not encourage these big threads.  I would rather not do
that.

Please don't start a big thread about THIS email.  Just ask yourself, is
what I am about to post really consistent with the purpose of this list,
and why the majority of people are subscribed to it.

You can find the purpose of this list here:

And it says:

Welcome to the topband mailing list! This list is intended for the exchange
of information on 160-related topics ONLY. Our goal is to keep 160
information content high and noise low. Please do not post general topics
like equipment wanted/for sale, work me in the contest, E-mail addresses
needed, etc. Occasional problem 160 QSL requests are OK but use this
reflector ONLY as a last resort after trying the usual sources.  Feel free
to post 160-related questions, but request responses directly and then
summarize them in a followup post.

DO NOT USE THIS REFLECTOR TO POST COMPLAINTS, PERSONAL CRITICISMS,
ATTACKS, ETC. VIOLATORS OF THIS POLICY WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT
NOTICE.

Be considerate of other subscribers who have bandwidth limitations and edit
posts for brevity (include ONLY relevant excerpts of previous posts).  When
responding to a specific individual, think carefully before copying to the
other 1700 of us on the reflector.

Minimize noise, minimize bandwidth, maximize 160 information, act like
gentlemen and enjoy!

Thanks.

The Management