Topband: Low Alpha Delta DX-A twin sloper BEST antenna here - howcan that be? A TEST

Mike & Coreen Smith ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Sat Nov 7 08:30:55 PST 2009

OK, on a lark, I am going to try something.  I just unhooked my A-D twin
drooper, err, I mean sloper from the
switchbox, then took a chunk of wire and shorted it out @ the PL-259 end at
the base of the tower.

The SWR on my T-vertical changed dramatically. (for the better).  There must
have been a lot of interaction, either through the switchbox itself, or just
proximity??

I'll leave it unhooked for a day or two and see how I make out with no
reference antenna at all.

I'll be the 30/S9 signal on the band tonight.......(hee hee)

Thanks for all the emails.  If this fails or produces mixed results, I may
modify the antenna swaitch back to original if I can remember what I did to
begin with(?) or put a new remote switch in there........or do as a couple
suggested and mount an inverted VEE up near the top of my tower (44'),
however that's really a last resort....I don't want a cloud burner.

Another option I guess , is to lay out 100 more radials.  Do-able, but
wouldn't look forward to it ;-)

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith
699 Rte 616 Keswick Ridge