Topband: Happy 92nd Birthday Alex W0ZTL

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 18:05:13 PST 2009

Many of you have worked Alex, W0ZTL over the years. Today is Alex's 92nd birthday and he is a very active Topbander. Alex has given many dx stations their only North Dakota QSO.

I spoke with Alex a short while ago this evening and he is in good health with a very sharp mind. If you run across his signal on 160 this winter, be sure to say hi.

Alex was first licensed in 1937 and he may be one of the oldest topband CW ops on the air on a regular basis. He tells me he is planning on a triple digit birthday!

73, Dennis W0JX/8