Topband: Small Receive Antenna

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Wed Nov 11 08:43:48 PST 2009

Jeff:

     If you can elevate a shielded coax loop a bit to get it above the boys'
play area, you will find it to be an effective RX antenna.  I built one out
of a connectorized 25 foot length of RG-59 from Radio Shack, a couple of
caps, two F connectors, one female BNC and an aluminum project box.  The
rotator will allow you to <point> it at the offending noise sources and null
them out, increasing the readability of the RX signal.  Schematics and plans
are available from several sources on the 'net.  Good luck.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F