Topband: Small Receive Antenna

Larry Pasman lrpmbt at comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 12:38:47 PST 2009

Check out the Wall Flag, it is a very effective receive antenna. I built one this summer. It is now mounted over my garage. It is by no means a beverage, but performs extremely well. I can hear stations on the Waller Flag I cannot hear on the vertical. I just moved one of the preamps to the garage. It makes the WF much better. It can be rotated by a TV rotor. Mine is a bit different, but works better than I expected. I tried the small loops and had very poor results. It also works well on 40 (doesn't need preamp) and 80 meters needs some preamp. I can switch both preamps in or out and many times need no preamp at all. Also used cat series 5 wire for the phasing lines, much better than rg58. Others have used the series 5 wire all the way to the shack.  http://www.n4is.com/wf/NEW_WF.html