Topband: Fw: Final Transistors for CO2LY

Edward Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Sun Nov 15 05:34:45 PST 2009

On 14th November, Jack wrote:

"...Has anyone confirmed being successful in obtaining two 2SC2290 Power
Transistors for CO2LY?"

**********************************

Here is the status of Eduardo's transistors, to this point:

-Thanks to the generosity of Stan (K5GO), replacements have been ordered,
and are expected to be in Stan's possession by this Tuesday (hopefully);

-The plan is that their arrival will coincide with the departure to Cuba of
a contact of Stan's, who in turn is to pass the parts onto VE3BW, who is in
Cuba;

-VE3BW is (apparently) an acquaintance of Eduardo's, and will then pass the
transistors directly to him shortly thereafter.

-If all goes according to plan, CO8LY should be contest-ready with his
repaired rig by this coming weekend.

If things do NOT go according to plan, i.e. if the shipment of the parts
from California to Stan's QTH is delayed for any reason, then the
transistors will be forwarded to me by Stan when he gets them, & I in turn
will mail them directly to Eduardo. The latter confirms that there are no
special mailing restrictions between Cuba & Canada, so this is (as far as I
know) the "back up" plan...

If I've missed anything, Stan, please feel free to correct me---but this is
the status of things to date, to the best of my knowledge...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ