Topband: N7UA Does It Again!

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 30 17:59:57 PST 2009

Just to prove N7UA's win last year was no fluke, check out Bob's SOSB/160
CQWW score below.  The top Multi-Multi scores from the East Coast are about
380/22/83 and the highest single op score I've seen so far was KT1V at
306/18/65.  Another truly incredible job by Bob!

I hope you Left Coasters are enjoying these great over-the-pole
conditions...unfortunately they will not last forever!

73,  Bill  W4ZV

Call: N7UA
Operator(s): N7UA
Station: N7UA

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Wa
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  573    27       73
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

All in all another fun contest, even though conditions were down somewhat from
last year.  The first night was slow to Europe with marginal conditions through
the aurora.  Second night was much better to Europe, with some actual runs,
instead of just S&P.
Thanks to the JA's who provided a needed boost in volume. (BTW there were more
than 100 zero point US contacts. For a while I wondered if my computer message
might have somehow defaulted to "CQSS").
Compared to last year missed zones 12,13 and 28.  Propagation below the equator
was limited.
Heard but missed VK9AA. RU4PU, who was loud here in broad daylight, snagged him
just as VK9AA peaked here. But I was pleasantly surprised to be called by VK9XW.
It was great to work EY8MM, as well as my friend DJ4AX, who was coming through
well most of the contest. SM5EDX called three hours after his SR with a good
signal.
The biggest increase in contacts was from Zone 17, 18, and 19 with some amazing
signals heard.
Hope the low band conditions last a while longer, before the sun shuts the
window over the pole.