Topband: relay-switched inverted L for 40/80/160

Wayne Rogers n1wr at chesapeake.net
Thu Oct 1 09:56:21 PDT 2009

Could not a half wave L be considered essentially equivalent to half of a
half square antenna, fed at the high impedence point near the ground?

I had a half square up for 80M - it worked fairly well and was reasonably
easy to feed (any of the old antenna books will show you how, with the same
feed used on the old Bobtail antenna - with a tapped down inductor and a
parallel capacitor).

Wayne
home 410-394-0313
cell    410-474-8364