Topband: 3D2KJ

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym at ippt.gov.pl
Mon Oct 5 00:45:26 PDT 2009

Hi All,
I'v got e-mail from Jacek 3D2KJ (SP5DRH). They have problems with Internet
connections and they are using dialup and will be not able to do it every day....
Anyway I'v got list of 36 Europeans Jacek worked on 160m and if someone
would like to check if he is OK in the log just send me e-mail.
They had a big storm last days with heavy wind and lightings S9 , so they were
not able to erect 80m antenna so far...they only made 30m vertical.
Topband antenna is 19 m high with 2 elevated radials (40m) 2,5 m above the ground.
The antenna is on the beach practically all the time in a water.
Another problem is lack of place for receiving antennas to have them in more
distance from TX antenna...but they will "work" on it,anyway Jacek is using verical
for receiving. Yesterday Jacek was not 160m because something happened to the vertical
and in a darkness they were not able to repair it...anyway in a morning antenna was
lay down and repaired...so Jacek should be active TB all night.

                                 73 GL
                                  Rys
                              SP5EWY