Topband: BCB Filter (related to Antenna Analyzer question)

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Oct 14 11:47:40 PDT 2009

Bill Tippett wrote:
> VE9AA:
>
>>          Consider a Par Electronics BCB filter, IMHO much better than
> the ICE 402:
>
> http://parelectronics.com/bcst-hpf.htm

This has the same problem as the ICE filter.  An impressive
looking measured curve, but no guaranteed specs.  Having built
many filters, I can tell you that repeatability is a huge
issue in the case of a 160 BCB filter, now that you have to
reject 1700 (I have a local station there :-(.  You can always
tweak one by hand tuning to look very good.  How do I know
the one I purchase is going to look so good?

Rick N6RK