Topband: How do we get more people on Topband?

Tammie M3ENF tammie_m3enf at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Oct 17 12:26:08 PDT 2009

Hello

I've been lurking for a while... thought I'd reply to this one as I'm a new
YL to topband!

I eventually got my long-wire up with 80m trap and actually worked 2
stations on 160m in August... I was SO happy as was my best friend who put
the wire up and helped me!

He sadly passed away on 20th August and my equipment/aerials etc is still at
his QTH because that was my "shack".  I am fighting hard to get my stuff
back so I do hope to be back on the air very soon.

But - I think the way to get more people on Top band is to just keep talking
about it.  I'm in awe of those who are super top band DXers and hope one day
to work some of you!

A lot of the DXpeditions are doing top band now which is good because it
gives me a chance to try and work them and listen for pileups on the band
because its more active.

Is there a top band "club" or organisation?

Promote the band at events, clubs, hamfests, rallies etc... I know I will
be. :)

73/88 Tammie M3ENF